Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Harvard Pilgrim/United Behavioral Health (UBH)
We accept most Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurances. If you are hoping to use your insurance, you will want to confirm that therapy is a covered service. To do so follow these steps:
1. Call the member services number on your insurance card. Ask if outpatient therapy (individual, couples, or family pending which service you are inquiring about) is covered under your plan.
2. Ask your insurance carrier if you need a prior authorization to start services (Most plans do not need a prior authorization. It is typical to get 12 initial visits with no authorization.)
3. Ask if your plan has a deductible that needs to be met prior to your insurance company covering the cost of therapy. If your plan has no deductible or your deductible does not apply to therapy, you will only be responsible for your copay.
4. Confirm your co payment amount for therapy meetings.
5. Bring your insurance card along with your co payment to your initial appointment.
Other Types of Insurance
Many health insurance plans will reimburse you for expenses you incur when you pay for assessments or therapy. I will provide you with a receipt for payment, which will include the information necessary to request reimbursement from your health insurance company. I am more than happy to enroll with your insurance company as an out-of-network provider (if they require this), as well as by providing you with a detailed receipt.
If you are interested in finding out if your insurance will cover the therapy services we offer, follow these steps:
1. Contact your health insurance company, using member services phone number on the back of your insurance card to determine the eligibility, requirements, and limits for reimbursement. Ask if your insurance plan covers "out of network" providers for therapy services.
2. If yes, ask your insurance company how you submit for reimbursement? This usually includes a form you will need to complete. If no, ask your insurance company the following question "If I see a provider that is not in your network for therapy, is there a form that I can submit to get reimbursed for my costs of therapy?"
3. If your insurance company will reimburse you for out of network coverage, I will provide you with a detailed receipt that you will submit with the appropriate paperwork from your insurance company. Due to time constraints, I cannot bill insurance companies directly. This process will require you to pay for services at your appointment, and then request reimbursement from your insurance company.